Throughout the month of October, log your green commute trips to earn points and get entered in weekly drawings for prizes from local businesses and makers. At the end of the challenge, prizes will be awarded for categories like “most green commute trips completed” on both the individual and team levels. (This year’s individual grand prize is an e-bike, courtesy of Elite Cycling!)
By participating, you will play a role in improving local air quality and become part of a larger community of people interested in sustainable transportation in the region.
How to Earn Points
What you can win
Each week throughout the challenge, we’ll be giving away two prize packages from local businesses. Log your trips to be eligible. The more trips you log, the higher your chances of winning.
Prizes include donations from The National WWI Museum and Memorial, Blip Roasters, Made in KC, Chicken N Pickle, Elite Cycling and Ruby Jeans Juicery.
The commuter who earns the most points during the challenge will be awarded a Momentum Voya E+ e-bike, courtesy of Elite Cycling! This e-bike has a range of 45 miles on a single charge and weighs less than 40 pounds! The winner will have their choice of color (asphalt green or beeswax) and size (small, medium, large).
Note: In the event of a tie, a winner will randomly be selected from the individuals with the highest amount of points. There will be only one grand prize winner.
New! Green Commuter Deals
New this year, green commute to any of the following local coffee shops and restaurants and receive discounts throughout the month of October.
- Garden House Café: 10% off
- Bay Boy Sandwiches: 10% off
- Oddly Correct Coffee: 15% off
- Café Corazón: 10% off
We’re continuing to add businesses to this list! Contact us if you’re a business owner that would like to offer a discount to sustainable commuters.
Thank You to our Sponsors!
Thank you as well to our sponsors for their support of this year’s challenge, including Bicycle Depot KC, Elite Cycling, Commute with Enterprise, HDR Inc., HNTB and Lamp Rynearson.
How to Sign Up
If you’ve participated in the challenge in the past, please note that our sign-up process has changed. The big difference is you no longer need to manually create or join a team if you are competing on an employer team. You will be automatically entered in the challenge as long as you have your employer listed on your commuter profile.
Join an Employer Team
To join an employer team, visit my.waytogokc.org.
- Join or sign in to your WAY TO GO account.
- Complete your profile, making sure the Organization fields are completed.
- All you need to do is start logging your trips, and you will be automatically entered in the challenge.
- You’ll receive weekly emails from us with updates on team standings, as well as last week’s prize winners and the coming week’s prizes.
Join a Community Team
Not competing with an employer team? You can create or join a community team.
- Sign into your WAY TO GO account at my.waytogokc.org.
- Select the Racing tab under Account.
- Create your team.
- To add others to your team, follow these steps.*
- Start logging your trips, and on Oct. 1, those trips will make you eligible for prizes!